Orange County UF/IFAS
6021 S. Conway Rd.
Orlando, FL 32812
FNGLA's 2018 Florida Flower Trials are back by popular demand!
This two-day event is a great place to sharpen business skills and get a first-hand glimpse of how the newest annual plant varieties can boost profit margins.
Florida Flower Trials is where top plant breeders, education experts and key industry members come together to exchange ideas and witness which ornamental plant varieties can stand Florida's oppressive heat and humidity.
Attendees will get to experience three trial sites, each featuring both sun and shade varieties and their own micro-climate. Trial sites are planted six weeks prior to the conference to allow for ample maturity of the plants.
Each location brings with it a different perspective on planting designs, features and maintenance techniques.See how the different methods produce different results.
You'll also get the chance to connect with breeders as they showcase exciting new colors, textures, pest-resistant, durable varieties.
Trial results will also be made available to conference attendees.
Presentations will include:
- Bringing Innovative Business Strategies Back to Horticulture, presented by Seth Reed, and Mason Day of GrowIt.
- Adding Edible Gardening to the Landscape, presented by Jason Lee of Farmer Jay Pure Organics.
- Pest Management in the Landscape, presented by Suzanne Buglady Wainwright of Buglady Consulting.
- Benefits of Consumable Water Management Products, presented by James J. Spindler of Ecologel Solutions, LLC.
- Summer Survivors of 2017, presented by Melissa Horman Shepherd of Walt Disney World; Eric Sondgeroth of Harry P. Leu Gardens; and Kelly Greer of Garden Florida! UF IFAS Orange County Extension.
- Discovering Niches - How to Use Seasonal Color to Boost Profit Margins, presented by Jenny Hardgrove of Simply Flowers, Inc.
- Annuals, presented by Angelica Cretu of Costa Farms.
-Containers and More!, presented by Jacob McCall.